Brakes are one of the most important safety systems on your vehicle and Holden Motor Services can perform a free brake check and provide you with an evaluation of any maintenance required.
Typical signs that your brakes may be worn or damged:
- Poor braking performance, difficult to stop the vehicle
- A grinding or squealing noise either when you apply the brake pedal or while the vehicle is moving
- Excessive drag during acceleration
- The vehicle pulls to one side or judders when braking
- The brake pedal feels very hard or soft
- Warning lights on the dashboard
We can offer a very competitive price to replace or repair all or part of your exhaust system including catalytic converters and diesel particulate filters.
Exhaust systems help your vehicle run smoothly and quietly and are important for keeping it safe and roadworthy. As well as getting rid of noxious fumes, vehicle exhaust systems control noise, boost engine performance and improve fuel consumption. They comprise many comonents, all of which have a limited life span.
Tell take signs that your exhause needs attention:
- A loud roaring sound denotes a problem with the silencer
- A hissing sound indicates a crack in the exhaust manifold, pipe or gasket
- Chugging noises could mean a blockage
- A rattling under the car implies the exhaust has become misaligned
- Loud metallic vibrations usually mean that something is touching the exhaust pipe or that a clamp, support bracket or mounting is loose
A visual inspection may identify faults such as cracks, holes or broken hangers.
The exhaust system is inspected as part of your MOT test and your vehicle may fail if there are ant faults.
The role of vehicle suspension is to maximise the friction between the tyres and the road surface, to provide steering ability with good handling and to ensure the comfort of the passengers.
Signs that your suspension system needs attention:
- Vehicle rides roughly and you feel every bump in the road or road bumps cuase the vehicle body to bounce
- Vehicle feels as if it is pulling or drifting while turning
- The front of the vehicle dips excessively when braking (this can effect your ability to stop the car quickly)
- Uneven tyre tread or balding spots suggests the suspension isn't holding the car evenly, putting uneven amounts of pressure on the tyres
- On visual inspection of the shocks or struts, they may appear oily due to leaking fluid
If you suspect your vehicle suspension is wearing out, you can make an appointment with us and one of our technicians can look over and advise.
It is inevitable that your vehicle's clutch will wear out before your vehicle does. This is becuase clutches experience a certain amount of wear and tear in the normal use of the car. How long it lasts depends on many variables such as the make and type of the vehicle, how carefully you use your clutch and even the climate you live in.
The main symptoms of worn out clutches are as follows:
- Difficulty in engaging gear especially when moving into or from first gear or reverse
- Change in engine speed without noticeable acceleration
- A burning smell when changing gear
- Crunching noise
- Inability to engage gear at all
- A juffering when pulling away from a stationary position
- Hard clutch pedal or clutch pedal sinks to the floor
- A soft or spongy clutch pedal
- A slipping clutch, i.e. a change in the clutch pedal heigh where the driver feels the clutch begins to engage
- Change in perceived engine power when pulling a load (A slipping clutch reduces the amount of power delivered to the drive wheels)
Our technicians can fit new clutches to most makes of vehicles. Ring us with your vehicle details to book an appoitment.